5 Day Self-Drive Golden Circle & South Coast Adventure
Golden Circle Adventure
Travel to Iceland self-guided. You drive. We propose the itinerary and the notable visits. We provide you with a rental car, accommodation and travel insurance. You just enjoy, are you going to miss it?
- Self-made trip with accommodation in hotels or guesthouses field in rooms with private bathroom.
- Detailed map with location of accommodation and recommended visits.
- 24-hour emergency telephone in Spanish.
Itinerary 5 days – South of the island
Arrival and collection of the vehicle.
Accommodation in Reykjavík / Keflavik*.
The most popular group of visits on the island, with Geysir, the Gullfoss waterfall and Thingvellir National Park, where the separation of tectonic plates is observed.
Seljalandfoss and Skógafoss waterfalls. Then visit the cliffs where the puffins nest during the months of summer and black sand beaches.
Accommodation in the Vík area.
Explore Vatnajökull, the largest glacier in Europe, Jökulsárlón glacier lagoons and the National Park of Skaftafell.
Accommodation in the Vík area.
The peninsula of Reykjanes concentrates the largest number of Icelandic active calderas.
This turns the landscape into a continuous contrast of colors and shapes, adorned by craters volcanoes, lakes and mountains.
As a climax, you can enjoy a relaxing bath in the Iceland’s most famous and luxurious thermal baths, the lagoon Blue (Blue Lagoon – Optional).
Accommodation in Reykjavik.
Free day in Reykjavík, where you can enjoy a whale watching tour (Optional).
Departure of the return flight.
The itinerary can be done in one direction or another interchangeably and is indicative.
*Since flights from Spain usually arrive in the In the early morning it is advisable to sleep the first night in Keflavík not to drive the 40 km to Reykjavík. if you want to sleep in Reykjavík we can reserve it without problem.
Prices for two people from: 1.395€
Information About Extra Insurance
CDW: Collision Damage Partial Waiver Insurance. ISK 195,000 excess for small vehicles/
medium and ISK 375,000 for large vehicles/4×4.
This insurance is included
THW: vehicle theft insurance (does not cover theft or loss of personal belongings). This insurance is included.
PAI: personal injury insurance for the driver or occupants of the vehicle. This insurance is included.
SCDW: contracting this insurance you will have the same coverage as with the CDW insurance but you will lower the excess, to 49,500 ISK for
small/medium vehicles and 90,000 ISK for large/4×4 vehicles.
GP: this insurance covers windshield or headlight breakage, caused by the projection of gravel from other vehicles.
This insurance is highly recommended if you drive outside the capital, especially on rural roads.
SADW: this insurance covers possible damage caused by ash and sandstorms. Possible damage by ash/sand in the vehicle can reach €20,000, with this insurance the risk in case of damage is reduced to ISK 25,000.
*PREMIUM PACKAGE: with this insurance package the excess is reduced to 0 ISK. However, the renter is always responsible for the following damages that are not covered by CDW or S CDW insurance and therefore not covered by the Premium package:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, stimulants, sedatives or any substance that disables driving.
- Damage to the headlights, windshield and underbody of the vehicle
- Damage caused by loose rocks being thrown at the vehicle on gravel roads.
- Damage to the vehicle’s engine due to water entering it.
- Damage caused by off-road driving (unnumbered highways, tracks, paths, beaches, etc).
- Damages caused to the underbody of the vehicle, tires, or those produced as a consequence of crossing rivers or other fluvial channels.
- Damage caused by animals.
- Upholstery burns, etc.
- Damage affecting only the wheels, tires, suspension, battery, or damage resulting therefrom.
- Roadside assistance
The trip includes
The Trip does not include
About the trip
Accommodation in double/triple room (cabin or apartment) with private bathroom in tourist class hotels and country houses, breakfast included.
The accommodations we use have been carefully chosen to meet our requirements. It’s about accommodation
“authentic”, rather small, like farms and guesthouses or hotels, accommodations that in our opinion have charm. If you want more comfort, we also offer a version of this trip with hotel accommodation.
ATT! The closer we get to summer, the offer of accommodation with a private bathroom in Iceland is even smaller, which implies that in order to design your trip in the best possible way, there is a possibility that one night we cannot confirm a private bathroom inside the room.
This may not be cause for renouncing the trip.
The trip includes flights from Madrid or Barcelona to Keflavik (Reykjavik). In some cases it is also possible from other cities. Check with your agent.
Most departures include direct flights from the city of origin.
In last-minute reservations (less than 4 months from departure) the flights could have a stopover and even some supplement.
Air taxes (between €150 – €220) are not included in the price of the travel package, and their amount will be confirmed at the time of issuance.
- Recommended material and clothing: next to this tab you can find the recommended material for the route. There’s no need make large disbursements in the purchase of material; talk to your agent and he will advise you.
- Northern Lights: On our website www.arcticyeti.es you can find information about this fabulous phenomenon of nature. In Iceland they begin to be visible at the end of August, although October is when the greatest activity begins and the greatest chances of observing them. Last year they could be seen from August 20.
- How and when to reserve: Your agent will indicate the steps to process a reservation. Iceland has been a highly demanded destination in recent years and it is highly recommended to make a reservation in advance (at least 3 months before), in order to ensure a place and the best services.
Mainly during the summer months, each year Iceland is more in demand and the offer is not very wide, so if you want to ensure availability it is recommended to make a reservation with enough time.
Category of this trip
Trips adapted to the traveler. We reserve services such as accommodation and car and together with the travel documentation a map is sent with the location of the accommodation and the recommended visits in order to optimize your travel days. The traveler will be the one who sets his pace for each day of the route.
Minimum age and driving license requirements.
You must be in possession of a driving license that is at least 12 months old, which must be presented at the time of rental. The user must be over 20 years of age or 23 in the case of high-end vehicles.
Copy of credit card.
Together with the documentation provided you will find a voucher that covers all the rental costs. However, the rental company will require a copy of the credit card as a guarantee against unforeseen additional charges, such as excess kilometers, extra insurance, parking fines, damages or other expenses caused by the user.
Only Mastercard or Visa credit cards are accepted. Debit or prepaid cards are not accepted.
The rental company reserves the right to substitute vehicles when the type of car reserved is not available and provide a similar or superior one.
The rental car will be delivered to the user with a full fuel tank. The vehicle must also be returned fully refueled, otherwise, an extra charge will be made to your credit card for the remaining liters.
In Iceland it is mandatory that children travel in child seats inside the vehicle. Child seats are available upon pre-reservation
Duration: 5 days
Travel category: Fly and drive
Daily departures according to air operations. Ideal to take advantage of direct flights from Spain to Iceland.
From May 1 to September 30, 2023.
from € 1.395€
(based on 2 people with a Kia Picanto or similar, 8-day itinerary through the south of the island).
Check discount for children under 12 years old
Contacto viajes Fly&Drive
"*" indicates required fields
Embark on an adventure trip with Arctic Yeti, where the thrill of exploration meets the raw beauty of the Nordic landscapes.